Translate

Friday, February 20, 2015

My College Essay

Have you ever thought about what you wanted to be when you grow up? I have many times. When I was little, I wanted to follow my mom and be a nurse. But then, I got interested in the court room. I wanted to be a lawyer and have wanted to be a lawyer for about four years.
I have many goals of what to do after I graduate from high school. My first is to go to the University of Nebraska Lincoln and major in Law. I also want to play volleyball. When I graduate from college, I plan to be a lawyer. I have been interested in law for a long time. For a couple of weeks in my history class, we re-opened the Boston Massacre case. I was the prosecution lawyer although I wish I was assigned the defense. I liked this assignment so much, sometimes I would dress up to go to court in the classroom. When I get to be a lawyer, I want to be a defense lawyer. One of the first things I want to do is move to Florida. I have some family there and I just love Florida. I will eventually want to get married and probably have kids so I will need to have a good job to support my self and my family. When I get old and retire, I want to be able to have fun and travel a lot.
I obviously need to go to college to be a lawyer, so education is a big part of my dreams.  If I didn’t want to be a lawyer, I would still probably go to college to learn more anyways because even if I go undecided, a college education is very important. If I have a college education, I can get better paying jobs even if its just  working as something small, having a college education will help me know more about the job and be able to get a bigger salary. If I didn’t go to college, I would probably not have a very good job or not have one and go into poverty. 
I had been interested in law for a long time, but my cousin, Bailey, got me even more interested. She is going to Florida State to study law. When she came to my grandparents’ house for Christmas, she told me a lot about what she was going to school for. She also gave me some tips on how to finish high school with good grades and get a scholarship to go to the college that I wanted to. When I told her I was interested in law, she told me it wasn’t the fun and games that some t.v. shows make it out to be. But I told her I didn’t care because I was really interested in Law. So she told me some more about the subject. She also gave me some motivation about why I need to go to college. She told me that a high school education won’t get me very far in life, so furthering my education is very important for to be able to succeed. She said that this can get me better jobs so  I can provide for my self and my future family. She also told me to go to college so I can be self sufficient so I don't have to depend on anyone else for anything.
I know I have big dreams and goals, but I can achieve them. All I have to do is work hard and  believe in my self. I can achieve big things and little things with hard work and confidence. One day, I will be what I want to be and I will get that college education. I have big plans for my self and I expect to achieve every single one of them, and so can you.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is even seemed to be positive aspect from you that you consider 'education' as the dream and the important part of the life, it is inspiring as well. online paper editor

    ReplyDelete